Thursday, August 30, 2007

Stop Sign Petition


For years, I have been concerned with the ever-increased traffic & speed on High Bluff Drive. I am overwhelmed with the inattention of drivers speeding through a residential neighborhood. I have often wondered that part of the problem may be that from 7000 South to 6200 South there is nothing to break the speed of a driver. I have requested traffic studies, I have asked our COP (community oriented police) to patrol & observe the street. I have yelled "slow down" a time or two (or a hundred)! I have been working with the city for a very long time about this issue. So, in the very near future, I will coming door to door asking for your signature on a petition for a 3 way stop sign at the intersection of High Bluff Drive & Mt. Adams. Not only is it a crazy busy intersection, it is also a bus stop for elementary students. I have spoken with police officers who have said "something has to be done". And, so...it is my hope that we can deter some of the speeding by implementing a stop sign. I know not everyone is going to be pleased by my efforts, but if it slows people down for the sake of our children being safe...then, it will be worth it. Please feel free to share your opinions with me either through email at summitneighborhoodwatch@yahoo.com or when I come to your home! :)
Please, please, PLEASE slow down when driving through our neighborhood!!!

No comments: