Thursday, December 27, 2007

New Information

I received an email from Erik from the Public Works department with WVC. I found this to be great news... (By the way, I know that the only way to "solve this problem" is if we, as the residents, slow down! I understand we all get in a hurry...but we need to remember that the maximum speed limit is 25 mph.) This is what he wrote:



Hi Renee,
We've purchased six new driver feedback signs and will be installing them
on High Bluff, Wakefield and Laurel Canyon. These won't solve the problem,
but the hope is that more drivers will be aware of how fast they are going and
slow down a little. We'll continue to collect information with the signs
in place to see how effective they are and if something else will need to be
considered.
As far as street lights go, I am putting together a program so that we can
get the funding to install lights where they are needed. Thanks for bringing
6200 South to my attention.
Thanks, Erik



I also got this email from our Councilmember Steve Vincent. He wrote:



Renee,
Just to let you know we have had some more discussions about the traffic
problems. I beleive the entire council is on board to see a plan move
forward. It would include the entire subdivision. We will start with
some small things (like the electric speed indicators signs) until we approve
the budget to do the speed humps. I will let you know when we aprove the
budget for the project.
Thank you for all your work,
Steve Vincent

No comments: