Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Traffic Calming Pilot Program in Diamond Summit

I hope that you all have received the letter from West Valley City's Public Works Department. If you haven't, please click on the above picture to read the content. I have been working with WVC Public Works Department City Transportation Engineer, Erik Brondum, for quite some time. This is great that the city is using our neighborhood for this traffic calming pilot program. Not only is it bringing attention to this issue in our neighborhood, but it is helping to resolve this issue for other neighborhoods as well. For those of us that live on Wakefield, Laurel Canyon & High Bluff know first hand the necessity of these traffic calming devices. I am looking forward to finding out the results of the data that is being collected from these measures. It is my hope that all residents will take time to think about what it takes for our children to be safe. In my opinion, it does require speed humps in addtion to the driver feedback signs. I'll be sure to keep updates on this blog when I receive them. If you have questions, please feel free to contact Erik Brondum at 963-3406 or email him at ebrondum@wvc-ut.gov or me at summitneighborhoodwatch@yahoo.com anytime.

2 comments:

TickerSa said...

Renee - please include the fact of the additional traffic that we will see because of the new school as an argument for the speed bumps.

I have noticed an improvement with both the signs and the speed bumps. The sign seemed to work for a little while, but the speed bumps seem to have been more thorough.

Thanks for all your work!

Renee Layton - The Summit Neighborhood Watch Chair said...

You are absolutely right. Thank you for reminding me to include that...I neglected that very point. We will definitely see an increase in traffic, especially those streets that don't normally have high traffic volume!