Friday, August 21, 2009

Please, slow down!


Just another reminder to please, please slow down in the neighborhood!!

I was coming home from Walmart & came upon a horrible car accident on 6200 South between Laurel Canyon & the LDS Church meetinghouse. It was a single car who apparently (by my observation of the skid marks) drove up the side of that hill where the street narrows, then rolled several times, breaking a part of the cement wall & also taking out a street light. They took the man by life flight & I'm hoping that all is well. There was a dog ejected & a dog that was trapped, but we saw animal control & the policemen rescue the dog that was trapped. Of course, tons of people were present & venting their frustration to me about how the road narrows & how dangerous it was. Most wanted to know (including me) if there is something that can be done, maybe level some of that dirt, so it's not so dangerous...I will follow up with Erik Brondum, with WVC Public Works on Monday.

No comments: