Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A visit with the WVC Police Chief

Wow...I had the opportunity to meet with Buzz Nielsen, the West Valley Police Chief today. Last night, after the city council presentation, he came over to me & asked if he could meet with me. He asked if he could come over to my home so that he'd have time to drive through the neighborhood. So, today at 2 pm...he came to my home. We had a wonderful conversation. I was very appreciative that he took time from his very busy schedule to visit with me & talk about my concerns. He said that he had driven all throughout Diamond Summit to observe things. We talked about many things, however, our focus (of course) was the speeding problems...especially on High Bluff, Laurel Canyon & Wakefield. He told me that the City Council definitely has their attention on Diamond Summit...because they had a meeting this morning & said that my presentation & the presentation by Public Works in the study session previous to the City Council meeting, brought a lot of issues to their attention.

The Chief also said that he is in need of more officers & is working on a solution for Diamond Summit. He knows that something has to be done. And wants to work with us on this situation of speeding. We talked about several different possibilitites to help, in the immediate future... Because he pointed out, as city council did...that working with Public Works...for signage & other measures, takes time. BUT...the police can do things to help us out. I am grateful for the opportunity I had to meet with him to discuss & be heard about these important problems.

No comments: